Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Freestyle Week #14

It was Friday at 12pm and I was headed out the door to go grab a bite to eat for lunch when my phone rang. It was my step mom. She told me that she was experiencing numbness in her arms, heavy chest pain, and dizziness. Needless to say, I went over and picked her up from work and headed to the hospital instead of grabbing the bite to eat. Once we arrived to the hospital, they hooked up the EKG to see what was going on because automatically everyone thought she could be having a heart attack. The EKG was normal but they gave her a sprit of nitro hoping it would ease her chest pain, but unfortunately it dropped her blood pressure to 80/40, so then they had to give her medicine to reverse that action. All night they ran lab work, x-rays, as well as a stress test. They were trying to figure it out, they thought she may have a blood clot but they were unsuccessful in their findings. Finally, they deemed her to be anemic. With the wedding just eight short weeks away that was not how we needed to spend our Friday night. However, I’m very thankful that everything was ok and she wasn’t experiencing a heart attack.

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

Put the Geritol (extra iron) to her and get her to the altar, safe, sound, and healthy! I hope everything works out well....