Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Freestyle Week #1

Dear Erin~
I can't believe it has been 21 years since I've seen you or talked to you. Do you remember how we used to play school for hours and hours, taking turns on who got to be the teacher? Oh and how could I forget that great big gumball machine you had. That very next Christmas I asked Santa for a big gumball machine so no matter who's house you and I ended up in we would always have gumballs!
Every year I see your parents post a memorial in the local newspaper and every year I have the same thought, I miss you. I think of you often and wonder if you were sent to Heaven to be my guardian angel, to watch over me, to guide me through life and keep me out of harm's way.
For now, please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers and until we meet again...take care.
Love,
Mandy

3 comments:

johngoldfine said...

Were her parents lives ruined? She must have been just a little girl, eh?

Mandy said...

Yes, they were devastated, we all were - she was six years old and she drowned at the nearby lake we all used to swim at.

johngoldfine said...

What a nightmare for the parents--they must have wanted to die too.