Monday, January 22, 2007

Graf #3

"Blog Hunting"

Did you know that there are thousands and thousands of blogs out there? I’ve seen blogs regarding, art, politics, sex, religion, music, and discrimination. The list just keeps growing as I keep scrolling. I’m completely amazed at what I have found, I had no idea that all of these blogs existed. Although most of the blogs I have read seem disturbing to me, there was one that caught my eye. It’s called “This Circus I Call My Life”.

So, I entered the site with the thoughts that the person who has created this blog has a hectic life, or maybe it is a teenager going through his/her high school years and trying to find themselves or just maybe it is someone who really works in the circus, go figure. Instead, I get this guy who is roughly 20 years old and has posted bashings against Maine, Florida, and Britney Spears.

Thank goodness at the beginning he states “enjoy your stay and laugh because none of this is serious”; otherwise I may have considered posting an anonymous comment that said “I think you’re a jerk who needs a psychiatric evaluation”.

My conclusion to all of this blogging; freedom of speech is a wonderful thing.

3 comments:

johngoldfine said...

Hey, very glad you found some stuff that got your motor running. Second day of class last semester, I was showing the students on the bigscreen computer some of the variety of blogs when I accidentally landed on...well, you can read all about it if you go check my blog for the start of last semester. A dark day in an illustrious teaching career....

Mandy said...

I read your blog before I ventured out into the blog world and I thought "oh dear, I hope that doesn't happen to me" ... 'cause I can just imagine how you felt that day. I famous for always saying the wrong thing at the wrong time...oops!!

mae-lou said...

Just browsing other classmates writing, and love your piece on reading others' blogs, especially your ending. I enjoyed all of your pieces actually...very charming.