Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Graf #1

Blackberry, wine, raspberry, candy apple red, there must be a thousand colors to choose from, and yet every other Saturday I stand in front of the same case with the same decision to make. Which color will look best on my nails? I admit it is a very expensive habit to have but what girl doesn't love to have beautiful nails. The color seems to distract others from seeing the shortness and skinniness of your fingers and the bump that has created on the middle finger on your right hand from pressing to hard with the pencil. But remember this, for I have learned the hard way, pick the right color the first time or else you are stuck with it for two weeks unless of course you want to pay another $10 on top of the $20 you have already spent and have the color changed.

3 comments:

johngoldfine said...

"Blackberry, wine, raspberry, candy apple red, there must be a thousand colors to choose from, and yet every other Saturday I stand in front of the same case with the same decision to make. Which color will look best on my nails?"

That is a wicked strong hook, just a corker. Could not be improved.

Did you sit and stare at it and wonder what next? Because the next part where you lose the 'I' and go to 'you' is different in tone and confidence.

Mandy said...

Yes, for the past 25 years I've been searching for that word "confidence" - I will continue to work at it. I'm glad the first part was good - I thought it was too.

johngoldfine said...

Glad we see eye-to-eye so far!