Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Freestyle Week #9

I took your advice and clicked on the website http://www.hep.uiuc.edu/home/g-gollin/diploma_mills.pdf. WOW, is all I can say. I guess I never thought about people designing “fake” websites. The information provided about these so-called websites I found to be very interesting. I can’t believe they didn’t think they would get caught. Using information provided by other “real” colleges is surely one way of getting caught but then to use the same people, same graphics, and even the one that used the same President….HELLO?!?! Anyone home? I have to admit that their plan was ingenious and quite honestly who wouldn’t want to just click a button and have their PhD or Bachelor’s in Accounting! I certainly would love to but then what if you did do that then you wouldn’t be able to look back and have a clear conscience. Well, at least I couldn’t. I also wouldn’t be able to look back and know that I put hard work and dedication into my degree if I were to just click a button and have it within 10 days.

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

Maybe I show students the website because I secretly want to be busted! Maybe my 'diploma' is out of a cracker-jack box!

It is an inspirational website for anyone doing online research.