Monday, March 12, 2007

Personal Research Graf #13

Toyota. Chevrolet. Ford. Hyundai. Honda. So many makes, so many models. Where to begin? Do I choose automatic or standard? What color? Does it have air conditioning, a sunroof, automatic power locks and power windows? However, the most important questions of all are which one gets the best gas mileage and bang for my buck? All of these questions were what I was asking myself a year ago. I had a Jeep Liberty that was a nice sporty SUV that had all the bells and whistles anyone could ask for but the gas mileage was atrocious and was sucking my wallet dry. Jeeps are known for their awful gas mileage. I should have never bought it but I was young and stupid and you weren’t going to tell me any different. After researching on the Internet and driving through car lots, I had it narrowed down to a Toyota Corolla and Chevrolet Cobalt. I know what you are thinking, its quite the step down from the Jeep Liberty but Toyotas and Chevrolets are known for their excellent gas mileage and their vehicles reputation for being long-lasting and dependable are quite an attraction to someone like me who works full-time and is going to school. I need a vehicle that is reliable. After visiting a few dealerships in the surrounding areas to take these two particular vehicles for a test drive the only thing left to do was to see what each dealership would offer for my trade-in and see what kind of a deal they were going to give me on the new vehicle. They both rode identical; they were automatics, they included a sunroof, spoiler, air conditioning, power locks and power windows so it really came down to which dealership was willing to work with me. When the decision was made the Toyota Corolla won. It certainly isn’t my dream car that’s for sure but they were willing to work with me, they gave me what I wanted for my trade and gave me a great deal on the new car. Of course, I’d rather have a big ol’ truck but while I’m in school and trying to keep up on the bills and life in general this car fits the bill. And as far as Toyota’s dependability and gas mileage is concerned, so far so good.

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

There you go--real life, real research, real questions, real answers.