Saturday, March 3, 2007

Freestyle Week #7

This past summer there was talk of my dad marrying his long-time girlfriend of 13 years. I’ve always said my dad and step mom when referring to them so my first thought “was it is about time, dad”. A few weeks ago I had stayed at their house for a sleepover. I do that from time to time to reconnect with them ‘cause life can get so hectic at times. When I was getting ready for work that morning, Ellen, my step mom, was sitting on the edge of my bed and she said that she wanted to talk to me. So, I paused to look at her and asked her what was on her mind. She then asked me to be her maid of honor. I was absolutely delighted to think that out of all of her friends and the enormous family we have, she picked me! Of course, I immediately said yes. Then she started telling me what her and dad had been talking about. They are getting married June 23rd….of this year. Well that put me in a complete tailspin. We have to reserve the Church, the hall for the reception, the guest list, mail invitations, bridal shower, the list just keeps going….and then it came to me the best part of all…she will finally be my step mom officially! I am very happy for my dad and step mom. It has been a long time coming and my dad couldn’t ask for a better woman. She has to be in order to have put up with my dad and I for this long. I love them both with all my heart! Congratulations!

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

I wish my son would do the same with his LTR--marry the girl!

Weddings are fun--I had one once!