Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Meta Graf #11

I feel like I have been sitting in this chair for days. My butt is so numb that the feeling has trickled into my legs. I haven’t moved for hours. I can’t even begin to tell you the thoughts that have been running through my mind because my mind feels blank. Quite frankly I don’t think I have thought of one thing I could write about. My mind feels empty. No thoughts. No mojo. No nothing. What the heck am I going to do? I’m frazzled. I can’t believe I can’t think of one thing to write about. His lecture says, “just start writing”. Write about WHAT?? What happens when you have fried your brain from thinking to hard? He says “just starting jotting down ideas, no matter what they are”. Yeah, ok, easy for him to say. He isn’t the one sitting here for hours on end contemplating on what to write about or what not to write about. And then finally, what has seemed to be eternity, I have thought of a topic. Thank goodness! Hooray for me! Life is good….One paper down, three more to go!

2 comments:

johngoldfine said...

'Thinking of a topic' is what I'm trying to get you to avoid! It is easy for me to say, but you don't know what you think til you start to write! That's the real mojo.

Mandy said...

Oh trust me - I rack my brain every day - right now I'm trying to figure out "classification essays" - I'm getting a real sense that me and essays aren't getting along very well....