Monday, February 12, 2007

Brainstorm

What I would like to know about CPA’s
What kind of services do they provide? For example I know they service the public by doing personal and business taxes and they do audits. But what do they look for when they audit. Do they do any other services for other than taxes? I know sometimes a CPA can be a CFO….What do they do for a business and are there different steps as far as schooling is concerned if you wanted to be a CFO rather than a CPA? When becoming a CPA – I know you need to pass a board test in order to get your license – once you are finished school of course – but are there any other steps? When you are a CPA and you are helping other people do you have to report anything to the federal or state governments on each person? Does the federal or state government audit you yourself? What if you go through school enjoy all the accounting side of life but don’t want to become a CPA…what are the options? What avenues could I take? Is there a high demand for CPAs? Since so much is dependent on the computer and the Internet these days are CPAs days numbered? What is the future in this field? What kind of an effect does this have on my life? What are my thoughts on all of this that I have researched?

2 comments:

johngoldfine said...

Great--you're actually working on two things here: your questions and what you already know or suspect about the answers at his point. It's all going in the isearch.

Do some writing about your career history, you and bookkeeping and accounting--that will be part of the introduction.

Mandy said...

I hadn't thought of doing that - that is a great idea - I will certainly do that...that will give me a great introduction...thank you!