Monday, February 5, 2007

Sample Isearches Graf #8

When I first scrolled through the course assignments and saw “I search paper”, I thought it would be about the teacher having us pick from a list of topics and researching on the Internet. But when I read it was about what “I” was interested in and what I wanted to know more about, I thought “what a great idea”. Until I sat one afternoon thinking about what I wanted to write about; I wouldn’t be surprised if people could see the steam coming out of the house from me thinking so hard. I kept jotting down ideas until something inside of me said “Duh, how about your career path, since you know a little but there is so much more to learn”. When the week came for our assignment to read other isearches, I realized that everyone wrote something about their life at that particular time they needed to know more about. As I read through the wedding cake, choosing the right dog, genealogy, biliary atresia, and ortohotics and prosthetics, I couldn’t help but wonder once mine is completed will others find mine interesting or will it benefit others that might have the same questions, thoughts and feelings. I am excited and nervous at the same time about writing this I search paper. It has certainly sparked an interest in me and I think it’s a wonderful idea instead of the old, boring research paper about a topic I could careless about.

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

The only person it has to satisfy is you (and, I guess, me too a little). But your audience is really you--that's why it really helps to have questions you need to find answers to.