Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Freestyle Week #5

A lesson I learned this weekend. Don’t go to Grammie’s house while trying to diet. Between the pretzels, popcorn, soda, homemade pumpkin bread, and chicken casserole, I think I packed on any weight I might have lost within the last few weeks. I know what you are thinking, just say no. What you don’t know is that my Grammie is all by herself, my Grampie past away four months ago and everyday is a struggle for her, no one to get up with in the morning and have a cup of coffee, no one to go for walks with, no one to talk to, no one to watch tv with and no one to cook for. So for me, knowing that it is giving her joy to have someone to talk to, to cook for, to spend time with, means more to me than a few extra calories that I can worry about on the treadmill next week when I return to reality.

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

I can see that under the circumstances, telling her that you're watching your weight is not that likely to helpful.